We are Deeply Grateful for Your Support
Annual gifts are an opportunity for all alumni and their friends to have a powerful and immediate impact on the student experience, fostering intellectual curiosity and groundbreaking research. Annual gifts are a key component to maintaining the remarkable quality of education that is a hallmark of Stanford Engineering.
They are your personal investment in the school and help to hire the best faculty, promote programs that shape well-rounded future leaders and furnish cutting-edge facilities where the world’s top faculty and students do pioneering research.
The Long-term Impact of your Annual Gift
Annual gifts have laid the foundation for education excellence, keeping Stanford Engineering at the forefront.
The long-term impact of this support cannot be overstated. Each year your annual gifts go directly to create new labs where outstanding young faculty will formulate tomorrow’s breakthroughs. This sponsorship allows these promising researchers to hit the ground running on arrival on campus. Often, your gifts are a deciding factor in their choosing Stanford over peer institutions or the inducements of industry.
As the list of faculty supported by your annual gifts grows by the year, the results are apparent in Stanford Engineering’s efforts to solve some of the most profound technical challenges of our day—environmental sustainability, clean energy and human health.
How You Can be a Leader
- Leverage your gift—increase the impact of your giving through your employer’s corporate matching program.
- Encourage your fellow alumni to take part, emphasizing the power of the collective impact of your financial contributions.
- Stanford Engineering proudly acknowledges and thanks our lead annual fund donors at the following giving levels*:
Leadership Circle: Gifts of $1,000 and above
Dean’s Circle: Gifts of $10,000 or more
*Alumni graduated within the past 10 years can earn leadership recognition with gifts of just $500 and $5,000 respectively.
Rewards of Leadership Circle Giving
- Access to school liaison
- Special direct communications about upcoming events and latest research at the school
- Gift acknowledgment from the Dean
- Special acknowledgement in the Stanford Engineering Online Donor Roll
In addition to these benefits, Dean’s Circle donors receive:
- Invitation to the School of Engineering’s annual stewardship event, where donors meet and interact with faculty and peers while learning about the school’s latest achievements
- Annual reporting on the impact of their giving
Additional Ways to Give
Larger gifts for targeted purposes can be made through endowed funds or planned gifts such as trusts, retirement plans and life income gifts.