Summer Engineering and Technology International Internships (SETII)
Internship opportunities are offered in China and India for Summer 2016! Watch the video below to learn more about the internship program from Stanford students who have participated in the past.
The Summer Engineering and Technology International Internship (SETII) Program aims to enhance engineering education by providing undergraduate, Coterm, Master's, and Ph.D. students with an opportunity to learn about developing economies and to gain real-world work experience in a culturally diverse and international environment. We work closely with companies to match Stanford students to internships offered through this program. In addition, we encourage engineering students that are seeking their "first" experience abroad as interns to apply as well. For summer 2016, SETII will allow students to go not only to China, but also India!
June 20 - September 9, 2016
- Students must be declared majors in the School of Engineering
- Current freshmen are eligible to apply as long as they will have earned 45 credits by the end of spring quarter prior to the program.
- In addition, we encourage engineering students that are seeking their "first" experience abroad as interns to apply as well.
- Seniors are eligible to apply as undergraduates as long as they do not have their undergraduate degrees conferred before the end of summer quarter (summer quarter enrollment not required)
- Graduates including coterms are eligible to apply as long as they do not have there degree conferred before the end of summer quarter
- For summer graduation requirements, including details regarding enrollment requirements and information about participation in the June commencement ceremonies, students should contact their major department's student services. Other sources of information and advice are: the Student Services Center for university requirements and procedures, and, for undergraduates, Darlene Lazar (Engineering Office of Student Affairs), and the VPUE.
- International students must check with the Bechtel International Center whether or not their immigration status will allow them to participate in SETII over the summer.
- Priority will be given to students who have completed two engineering fundamental courses (excluding ENGR 70A/ CS106A) prior to departure and/or a strong engineering background. Engineering fundamentals are listed HERE.
- Students who have not taken at least one quarter of Mandarin or equivalent, will be required to take a language class in spring quarter to prepare them for their internship placements.
- If stipend offered is not enough for students in need, financial assistance is available to those who qualify, although funds are limited.
Internships for Summer 2016
Please click "Internship Opportunities" in the right hand bar to see a listing of the available positions for Summer 2016. Note that application will open on Dec 15, 2015.