Global Engineering Programs
The Stanford School of Engineering offers several programs including:
- The China Internship Program (CIP) through which Stanford SoE undergraduate and graduate students can spend the summer working in China.
- The Bridge to China Program through which Stanford SoE undergraduate and graduate students can spend one week in spring quarter building a bridge in rural China with other students from Chinese universities.
- The Technology and Engineering Study Tour for undergraduate and graduate students to go on a two week trip to gain first-hand insights into technology and engineering-based businesses inside China or India with a faculty member and a Ph.D. student. Offered in partnership with BOSP. Participants will earn 2 units.
- The Ph.D. Research Exchange Program (REP) in which faculty can sponsor a 3-6 month exchange of Ph.D. students between Stanford and either Tsinghua or Peking University.
- The Undergraduate Visiting Research (UGVR) Program for undergraduate students in Tsinghua and Peking University interested in working with Stanford faculty on research in the summer.
Our purpose with these programs is to enhance engineering education by providing students with an opportunity to learn about technology and engineering in other countries, to build professional networks, and to gain real world work experience in a culturally diverse and international environment while at the same time building relationships with top-tier universities.
Last modified Fri, 18 Jul, 2014 at 9:52