Global Engineering Programs
Information for the 2015 summer programs will be posted at the end of Fall Quarter.
The Stanford School of Engineering offers several programs including:
- Summer Engineering and Technology International Internships (SETII) through which Stanford SoE undergraduate and graduate students can spend the summer interning internationally.
- The Bridge to China Program through which Stanford SoE undergraduate and graduate students can spend one week over the summer building a bridge in rural China with other students from Chinese universities.
- Summer Engineering and Technology Study Tours (SETS) for undergraduate and graduate students to go on a two week tour to gain first-hand insights into technology and engineering-based businesses inside developing economies with a faculty member and TA. Offered in partnership with BOSP. Participants will earn 2 units.
- The Ph.D. Research Exchange Program (REP) in which faculty can sponsor a 3-6 month exchange of Ph.D. students between Stanford and either Tsinghua or Peking University.
- The Undergraduate Visiting Research (UGVR) Program for undergraduate students in Tsinghua and Peking University interested in working with Stanford faculty on research in the summer.
Our purpose with these programs is to enhance engineering education by providing students with an opportunity to learn about technology and engineering globally, to build professional networks, and to gain real world work experience in a culturally diverse and international environment while at the same time building relationships with top-tier universities.
Last modified Tue, 11 Nov, 2014 at 11:41