Airports & Public Transportation
- San Francisco International AirportAllow 60 minutes driving time.
- Drive south (toward San Jose) on US-101 (Bayshore Freeway).
- Take the Embarcadero Road exit west toward Stanford.
- At El Camino Real, Embarcadero turns into Galvez Street as it enters the university.
- Oakland International AirportAllow 80 minutes driving time.
- Drive south (toward San Jose) on I-880.
- Take CA-92 west (toward Half Moon Bay). Be prepared to pay a $4 bridge toll. Take US-101 (Bayshore Freeway) south (toward San Jose).
- Follow directions above.
- SamTransBus service throughout San Mateo County, with additional service to San Francisco and Palo Alto.
- CalTrainCommuter rail transit between San Francisco and San Jose, including the new high-speed Baby Bullet train. Take the free Marguerite Shuttle from Caltrain Station to campus.
- BARTLight rail service across the Bay Area; the nearest station to Stanford is Millbrae, which is about 20 miles north.
- Dumbarton ExpressWeekday express bus service across the Dumbarton Bridge, serving Union City, Fremont, Newark, Menlo Park and Palo Alto and connecting to BART.