Graduates - Apply to Your Department
- Graduate Admissions. University home for graduate admissions.
- Stanford Graduate Fellowships. These support 65-70 engineering graduate students. Note that all offers of financial aid to grad students are included in the department’s offer of admission. No separate application is required or accepted.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars. Knight-Hennessy Scholars develops a community of future global leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation. Each year, the program awards up to 100 high-achieving students with full funding to pursue a graduate education at Stanford, including full-time master’s and doctoral students. To be considered, you must apply to Knight-Hennessy Scholars by early September, and separately apply to the graduate degree program you wish to pursue. Information on this year’s application process, eligibility and deadlines is available on the Knight-Hennessy Scholars website.
Apply to the department where you would like to study:
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Management Science and Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering
Many admission requirements are common to all departments, but specific requirements, deadlines, and contacts vary. Prospective graduate students are evaluated and admitted by each program. The most important criterion for admission to a Stanford Engineering graduate program is merit — superior academic achievement and the potential to make a contribution to technology, business or society as a whole.