Graduates - Apply to Your Department
- Graduate Admissions. University home for graduate admissions.
- Stanford Graduate Fellowships. These support 65-70 engineering graduate students. Note that all offers of financial aid to grad students are included in the department's offer of admission. No separate application is required or accepted.
Join dozens of Stanford Engineering students who gain valuable leadership skills in a multidisciplinary, multicultural community as Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS).
KHS selects up to 100 scholars each year from across Stanford’s seven graduate schools, and delivers engaging experiences that prepare them to be visionary, courageous, and collaborative leaders who address complex global challenges. As a scholar, you join a distinguished cohort, participate in up to three years of leadership programming, and receive full funding for up to three years of your Stanford graduate studies.
Candidates of any country may apply. KHS applicants must have earned their first undergraduate degree within the last seven years, and must apply to both a Stanford graduate program and to KHS. Stanford PhD students may also apply to KHS during their first year of PhD enrollment.
If you aspire to be a leader in your field, we invite you to apply. The KHS application deadline is in October.
Apply to the department where you would like to study:
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Management Science and Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering
Many admission requirements are common to all departments, but specific requirements, deadlines, and contacts vary. Prospective graduate students are evaluated and admitted by each program. The most important criterion for admission to a Stanford Engineering graduate program is merit — superior academic achievement and the potential to make a contribution to technology, business or society as a whole.