Engineering Research Administration
David Packard Electrical Engineering Building.
Welcome to Engineering Research Administration. The mission of the Engineering Research Administration (ERA) team at Stanford is to manage the pre- and post-award research administrative activities of Principal Investigators in the School of Engineering whose ideas make the world a better place. From the initial proposal submission to the award’s final closeout, ERA supports excellence and growth in research administration by delivering outstanding customer service, ensuring compliance, and providing solutions.
The ERA Service Commitment discusses our commitment to providing excellence in customer service for Principal Investigators in the School of Engineering. Additionally, we encourage all assistant faculty in the School of Engineering to take advantage of the research proposal editing services currently being offered.
Summary of Pre-Award Services
- Review sponsor solicitation guidelines
- Initiate Proposal Development & Routing Form (PDRF)
- Develop and revise proposed budget and ensure budget accuracy
- Coordinate preparation of collaborative proposals (e.g. sub awards)
- Assemble and upload all proposal components
- Review final proposal for compliance
- Obtain all necessary approvals and signatures
- Work with OSR to ensure final review, approval and submission to sponsor
- Detailed pre-award roles and responsibilities (pdf)
Summary of Post-Award Services
- Approve transactions charged to sponsored account; verify that expenses adhere to applicable policies
- Keep PIs apprised of account balances and spending practices through routine and custom reports
- Review and reconcile expenditure statements
- Facilitate rebudgeting requests and obtain both internal and sponsored approvals
- Process cost transfers
- Facilitate and process no-cost extensions, supplements and other similar requests
- Close out accounts and confirm final expenditure
- Detailed post-award roles and responsibilities (pdf)
ERA PI/ RFA Assignments
Each Principal Investigator in the School of Engineering is supported by a Research and Financial Administrator (RFA), for both pre and post award activities.
ERA Organizational Chart
ERA reports into the Dean's Office, Administration and Finance.
Last modified Tue, 11 Mar, 2014 at 11:11