The Global Engineering Internship (GEI) Program aims to enhance engineering education by providing undergraduate, coterm, master’s, and PhD students with an opportunity to learn about developing economies and to gain real-world work experience in a culturally diverse and international environment.
We work closely with companies to match Stanford students to internships offered through this program. Please note that those internships are intended to be in-person. However, given the uncertainties of the pandemic and travel constraints, some or all positions may pivot to online or subject to cancellation.
- Exciting summer engineering internship opportunities in developing economies such as China, India, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.
- Cutting-edge technology and impactful projects
- Highly customized position to best match students’ interest
- Support for self-designed opportunities available
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
Late June - Early September, 2021
- Stanford undergraduate students in good academic standing are eligible to apply.
- School of Engineering graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Students are required to have completed at least two engineering fundamentals-approved courses (excluding ENGR 70A and CS 106A) prior to departure or have a significant educational background in engineering. See the Undergraduate Engineering Handbook for more details and information on engineering fundamental courses.
- Priority will be given to students declared within the School of Engineering who have not previously participated in a GEP program.
Frequently Asked Questions
School of Engineering Global Engineering Programs Participation Agreement (PDF)
Global, China (PRC), India, Taiwan (ROC), Thailand