Please ensure the recommendation form is submitted on or before January 31st, 2021, at 11:59 PM. This is a competitive program and your recommendation will provide important input to our decision process. A recommendation cannot be requested before submitting an application so please plan accordingly to submit the application earlier so recommenders have time to submit on or before the deadline.
For instructions with visuals, please open the SOLO Application System Recommendation Process document under “Docs and Downloads”
- Go to solo.stanford.edu then log into the application system using the login button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Once you have logged in, you will see in the top left corner a link to your account. Click on My Account.
- Scroll down your account page and you will see the “Submitted – Needs Action” box listing each of your applications in the system and the “Request Recommendation” button for each application. Click the button for the appropriate application.
- Your Recommendation Form will pop up. This is where you will send an email to your recommender. If your recommender is from Stanford, please use their email address with their SUID. We recommend that you explain a bit about the program, position and what you would like the recommender to highlight in the message portion.
- Your recommender will recieve an email with your request message and other information. It is up to you to remind your recommender to complete their recommendation by the deadline.
You may also have the recommendation sent to :
If you have any questions, please contact Ming Luo at firstname.lastname@example.org.